Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Did you have a good one? I hope so and I wish you a fun, successful, happy and most of all, healthy 2007.

What I need to celebrate a new year is good friends, good food and good wine and we had all of those last night. After planning a party it was a select few who came together but that did not matter at all. Those who could not make it were in our thoughts and we raised a glass to absent friends but in the meantime, we chatted, laughed, told stories and enjoyed the great company.

Earlier in the day, Alan , Ellie and I had watched the Sydney fireworks on TV, remembering the year when we had been lucky enough to actually be there. That prompted us to call the Aussie cousins and wish them a happy new year. We thought of them again later when we watched London's tremendous display using the London Eye as a backdrop. At last London has found something that rivals Sydney and I have to say , I think those Aussies will have to think about making the trip to see our New Year spectacle now!!

I'm off to have a doze now and to chill a little more enjoying the last few days of the holiday. Take care.

No comments: