Friday, January 05, 2007

The strength of commitment.

I know, not much movement on the Inca Trail training yet. Well it is happening slowly, mainly due to me fighting off a cold and listening to my body - something that I was not always good at. I did walk on New Year's day and I have been working on my core stability thanks to all the information available from Mike Edwards who writes a column in the Walkers' Coach newsletter - sign up by visiting http://www.walkerscoach.com/ In fact I am returning to regular Pilates classes on Jan 18th. This is not only because of the Inca Trail walk but part of putting my health as the number one priority.

One of the things I have not been doing so much of lately has been networking as work has been flowing in regularly. However, as I now want to promote walkers' coach it is one thing I intend to do lots more of in 2007.

I have been contacting people I have not seen for ages and arranging 'one to ones'. So many have replied in the last day or too and my diary is now getting busy. I also made the decision before the end of December to get out there and attend more networking events and the first one was this morning.

My lovely coach Judith Morgan has moved one of her Starbuck Clubs to Canary Wharf so I emailed her yesterday and announced that I would be joining them - great. At 11.00 last night as I was heading to bed my husband commented on the fact that I would have to be up early in the morning - networking event forgotten by me, oops. I started taking down the Christmas tree, listening to the wind and wishing that I had not told Judith I would be there. I knew how warm and cosy my bed would be the next morning....

However, I had committed to going and the intention ensured that I woke at 7.45 and was actually there first. What a lovely event . There was a small, select group, everyone contributed and I found myself adding to my intentions for the year, inspired and delighted that I had made that commitment.

No comments: