Monday, January 08, 2007

Success with intention setting!

Setting that intention works, at least for me. It is rather like accountability which of course you can easier fake if it is with yourself, but not this morning.

This was the day that I had decided that the Inca Trail training started properly so even though I had not slept well - small child in bed with me for some of the night as she was not too well, I managed to get out of bed once the alarm sounded.

At this time of year my 7.00a.m walk starts in the dark, well seems like it anyhow but dawn breaks as I am pounding the footpath and it's quite a privilege to watch the world wake up. This morning my walk was accompanied by birdsong and the moon as well as the numerous dog walkers I met on my way.

Most people speak at this time, perhaps because we are in the minority and I just love being part of the relatively quiet world before it gets cranked up to its ferocious pace.

I know walking at this time is not everyone's 'cup of tea' but it is amazing how good you feel once you get out there and there is something about coming back to have breakfast knowing that you have already done your exercise for the day. I feel positively virtuous.

This morning was also when I started the Jason Vale 'Turbo Charge your life in 14 days' programme so breakfast consisted of a wonderful Turbo-charge smoothie. http://www.thejuicemaster.com/ With all that fruit and veg coursing through your body it is hard to feel anything but healthy and at 11.55 I am still not hungry. Teresa has also started this on my recommendation so I am looking forward to comparing notes.

Finally just to show how wonderful I am, I also started the old body brushing technique this morning before my shower and braved 60 secs under the cold shower before getting out - hard at the time with lots of yelping sounds coming from the bathroom I am sure but what about that warm glow you feel immediately after. I used to do this all the time.

So, I have set quite a few things in motion, keep reading to see how we all progress and let's hear your comments either on the blog or email me at heather@walkerscoach.com

No comments: