Friday, January 19, 2007

Were you affected by the storms yesterday? It was hard not to be aware of them at least and by the look of some of the trees as I drove through the forest today, there were a lot of branches coming down.

On my walk in the morning, I was struggling against the wind one moment, thinking at least that I would be burning up lots of extra calories and then the next moment was being blown along with such gusto that all the hard work (calorie wise) had just been undone. I suppose that is rather like life - sometimes it is a hard struggle and at other times it literally breezes by and you actually have to experience both so you can fully appreciate it all.

There are lessons to learn at all stages - things that we can take forward, things that we can leave aside never to be repeated and ideas of new things to try. Rather than take my word for it, start now and take as much as you can from all that happens in your life and use it. My guess is that there will be much more times in life that 'breeze on by' as a result.

No comments: