Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Getting back to routine

This is the last day of my holidays and I am enjoying the lack of time constraints and other boundaries. Tomorrow Ellie returns to school and that means the 7.00a.m. alarm - I much prefer to wake up naturally.....

In one way though I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I have had a great holiday and know that I have benefitted from the break but my head is filling up with all the opportunities out there and I can feel the buzz.

Today I have been decluttering and in doing so have been collecting images for my treasure map and dream book and I have also been sourcing information for the next walkers' coach ezine. If you do not get it in your inbox, visit http://www.walkerscoach.com/ and sign up immediately, you don't want to miss out.

It's another bright and sunny day today which is such a welcome and positive start to any new year. Have you noticed how much happier people are when the sunshines? Are you happy? Are you smiling? If not, what could you do so that you could smile.

Yesterday I indulged my love of walking straight away by bundling the family into the car and going in search of Hainault Forest Park. I'd heard of it before but had never sought it out so we took some action and found a great area of land - a mix of common and forest only 15 minutes drive from home. Armed with cameras we headed off around the lake all in competition to see who could come up with the best New Year's Day photo. We also came across part of the London Loop walk which goes through the forest and there's a children's farm to explore too.

I did notice a nearby tube station which means it is accessible by public transport and I shall be heading back over there to suss out the trails and see whether it is a viable place to run walking groups from. It has a couple of vital ingredients in addition to the walking itself - public toilets and a tea hut - what more could you ask for?

No comments: