Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Walking , it is so good.

I am amazed I managed to get out for my walk this morning!

Poor Ellie, whose cold and sore throat has gradually worsened, woke me three times during the night. It's an unusual occurance for her so I don't mind but standing in a cold bathroom for 15 minutes or longer in the middle of the night is not what anyone wants.

The last awakening was at 6.3o and the alarm goes off at 7.00. As I was whacked, I climbed
back into bed telling my husband that if I was asleep at 7.00, he was to leave me until 8.30. I actually do not think I slept again, just dozed so when the alarm went, it seemed churlish not to get out there, so I did.

I never go for a walk and come back in a worse frame of mind, something for all of you out there to bear in mind. It always energises me and just puts a different perspective on things. It is also so good for clearing your head and as for that physical activity - well, need I say more.

I met a great lady yesterday called Alison (more about her at a later date) and although walking was not what brought us together, she is into her walking too. She was telling me that when her business was home based that she would work from 6-8 a.m. and then go for an hour's walk in the park which was close by. This, she said , was her equivalent of 'walking to work'. What a brilliant idea for all you homeworkers. Often when we work from home the need to move from base is limited so this is a way of getting out there, benefitting from walking in all the ways there are and no doubt getting to know your community better - another win:win. Thanks for that one Alison.

No comments: