Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Taking the necessary action.

I am proud of walking my talk in more ways than one but I am human just like everyone else and do go off the track from time to time. This is one of those times.

As things are taking off, I have been doing more and more networking and somehow this week managed to totally sabotage my development week by organising something for every day. I can rationalise some of this as there were two networking events I wanted to go to and they are all about development but I have not been as diligent as usual and have allowed other appointments to make their way into my diary.

Now it is time to redress the balance, so tomorrow I am moving a few commitments so I can have an office based day and catch up on a number of outstanding emails and phone calls as well as things on my 'to do' list that are just a bit overdue - even if only where my own deadlines are concerned. It is also the first of a new month so a review of the past month is due and this is important as it will enable me to plan for the month ahead.

Now some may argue that this is not ideal but I believe that this is part of an ongoing evaluation of where we are and how we are progressing and it is about stepping in to redress the balance. I know that taking this action will restore some calmness, take a load off my shoulders especially where things are piling up and getting the clutter out of the way will clear the decks for the way ahead. Yes, of course I would rather be able to continue to move on and not have strayed but that's life and although I am full of positivity and am always striving ahead it is tempered with reality too.

So if you find yourself in a similar situation, stop, review, don't beat yourself up and take the action needed. You will feel much better for it. Have a great day.

No comments: