Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sunny Daffodils

What a wonderful start to March.

When I woke this morning it felt as if it was quite cold outside my warm and cosy bed and that was not helped by a text from my husband in Dubai telling me that it was a sticky 26 degrees and that was in the morning. I like the heat and at this time of the year crave some of that warmth.

However, when I pulled back the curtains the heat didn't matter so much. A cloudless blue sky and sunshine, what a joy. A real ‘glad to be alive’ day and I challenge anyone not to be in a good mood when it looks like that.

The miniature daffodils in my window boxes seem full of happiness as they bend their heads in the breeze and for the first time this year the daffodils in the border that I can see from my office window are also out and on my desk the budded ‘daffys’ that I placed in my blue, yellow and white jug are starting to unfurl. Isn't nature wonderful and doesn't it give you a lift and hope too for the future.

No comments: