Saturday, February 10, 2007

The need to recharge

I fully intended to blog yesterday both on this blog and the Pointless Odyssey one but I became rather like the bunny with the less superior batteries in the Duracell bunnies ad - yes, I ran out of power!!
Ellie's school had an inset day yesterday which afforded us with the perfect opportunity to do some more county top visiting and to ensure that she was not bored we were taking her friend Beth, along with us. The rest of the weekend was also planned - dinner at Elaine’s on Friday evening, stay over and then Al and I would set off from there to bag 4 more tops while Ellie and Elaine enjoyed the rest of the weekend together. We were all looking forward to it.

However, the best laid plans....
Beth decided she'd rather go home and see her mum, understandable as she was then going skiing for a week with her dad so the girls opted to do that. Amazingly for Ellie it was a difficult decision so being out with the folks on Pointless Odyssey can't have been that bad after all?

Al and I set off and I had images of a bit of walking in mind and getting some steps in. As we got into the Chilterns the snow was deeper and there was more of it. I was rather excited at the opportunity to take photos and was thinking how much fun the girls would have had.

You can visit http:pointlessodyssey.blogspot.com for all the details but everything did not run as smoothly as planned resulting in my frustration making itself known. I have now taken on the co-ordinating role but that is another story........

What did happen was a lovely walk through a snowy wood and a delicious pub lunch, well they sort of go together don't they?

So we set off back home and that is when I started to run out of gas. I was feeling weighted down my exhaustion and my eyes were heavy - not good when you are driving. It was great to arrive at Angie’s to pick up Ellie and a pot of coffee was very welcome. 'This will perk me up' I thought. Wrong - by the time we drove home the only thing I wanted to do was go to bed, very unusual for me. I was feeling very cold and buried down under two duvets with my socks still on and I dozed for an hour or so.

At 5.30 I knew that I had to have a shower, pack and get out of the house in 30 minutes flat but I was too exhausted to move and even the temptation of a great meal at Elaine's - she is a fab cook and the opportunity to meet some great people - she also excels as a networker was not doing it for me.

It was Alan who finally told me as it was an once the decision had been made I could relax. Listening to my body is something I have got so much better at but even then the 'I am letting others down' still get's through. Alan was right Elaine totally understood.

So today, I chilled. I took time out and listened to the messages. I had a leisurely breakfast, read a book from cover to cover, had a long bath and did not much else. I acknowledged that I had 'been going like the clappers' since January so I gave in and the power is slowly returning. Thankfully I also have tomorrow because there are lots of things to be done next week.

No comments: