Thursday, February 08, 2007

An unpredicatble start.

'But it's not the alarm' - somwhere in my brain these thoughts were surfacing and then I realised it was the phone. That was my introduction to today . The call at 6.56a.m. was from the infant school head wanting to advise my husband (chair of governors) that she was intending closing the school. Alan was in Wales and I had not even looked out the window.

I did of course after the call and was welcomed by a winter wonderland, even more perfect at the back of the house where no-one had ruined the virgin snow. As you can imagine one 10 year old was very excited and hoped upon hope that her school would be closed too. That was not to be so rather resolutely she and Beth trudged off to school knowing that there was a distinct possibility that the snow may have gone by the time school came to a close.

Meanwhile in Cardiff Alan waited to see what his day would bring. At 10.00 the course was officially cancelled as only 10 of the 50 participants had made it but there are no trains running in Wales at present so Alan is stranded until further notice. I wonder will my husband return tonight or not.

As with any situation though there is good to come out of it. Ellie's parent's evening has beenn postponed and both myself and Angie are pleased that the dads will hopefully be able to make the next date. After the rather rude awakening and confused start to the day I had the opportunity to have coffee with Angie which restored calm and having done the ironing while the office warmed up, I can tackle the day.

I hope your day is working out well wherever you are. If hassled by it, take a little time out and think how you can make it work for you and reinstate some calm and flow.

No comments: