Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frost and snow

I wonder how the daffodils are today due to last night's heavy frost. Will my geraniums, which are still blooming in the window boxes, finally get killed off because of the cold weather? Perhaps the snow forecast for tomorrow will be their downfall.

Having heard that 6 inches of snow are forecast for tomorrow and that it will be the worst snow for ages, I looked up the forecast for London today. Well there are a few snow showers prediced but nothing too much. Alan is in Cardiff and the country's worst snow is meant to be in South Wales but not according to the forecast where 6 degrees is forecast. Guess we shall just have to wait and see when we wake up.....

This morning was a beautiful morning to walk and next to the sunshine I've decided that it is my favourite weather to walk in. Yes, it is cold but you can wrap up easily and strip off the layers depending on how much you warm up. There is a sort of an ethereal feel when it is frosty and although I could not see the sun directly for much of the walk, I could see the effects of it reflecting from buildings. Those that were white or pale were touched by a pinky/golden light - just stunning. Then finally as I turned for home and rounded a corner there was this golden ball in the sky. It looked so powerful and full of energy and totally opposite to the moon which looked pale and fragile but none the less beautiful. I just wanted to keep walking and kept lengthening my route until I really had to go back. What a great way to be.

I know that amongst all these walking benefits, one that I should add is my growing awareness of nature and its beauty and in turn the appreciation and gratitude of it. It really is magical.

No comments: