Friday, February 02, 2007

Gremlins.

Over the last couple of days I have run out of steam. Not surprising in a way given the amount I have been doing and the speed at which I have been adding things to my routine but of course I have been giving myself a hard time.

My gremlin has been telling me how useless I am etc but you know what? I am now on confront time. We all have gremlins, that little voice that makes us doubt our abilities and question the goals we have set. The natural response is to try to ignore them in the hope that they will go away but that encourages them even more. What you need to do is to turn right round and your gremlin why he/she are talking a load of rubbish.

When I slipped into 'down' mode in the past it could take ages before I came back out of it but slowly I have been improving and this time it only took a couple of days to confront my gremlin and send it running off. I tell you, do that enough and it doesn't appear quite so often.

The gremlin issue always reminds me of a lovely client called Anita who would go running when she felt down and would imagine that she was pounding her gremlin underfoot. It always worked for her.

Think about what you can do to silence your gremlin.

And finally when you hit a bad patch organise some treats, it helps. Today I spent about 5 hours with my lovely friend Marina. First she showed me round her wonderful holistic dental practice - the Lavender Barn, then we walked in Hatfield Forest in the sunshine and finally we had a relaxing and long lunch in the Lemon Tree in Bishops Stortford. Lots of talking , loads of brainstorming and just great company.

I am so grateful for this fab day and for getting back on track so quickly.

No comments: