Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Did not plan to miss another day.

Full intentions of blogging yesterday but my neck got in the way. What? I hear you ask.

I clearly slept crookedly on Sunday night because I woke up in pain and with a really stiff neck that I was virtually unable to move. Not the state I like to be in, in which to start the week.

It was the beginning of half term, I had a long list of work things to get through and I was due to meet up with all the Inca Trail Babes to have a meal and discuss trek info etc.

As usual I was looking for the reason as to why this had happened, so far no real insight although I did recall that February is not always my best month. I wonder if there is a trend and why? This month I was so energetic that the possibility of hitting a slump never entered my head. Is that why it hit me so hard? As you can see lots of questions to ponder.

What do you do when things don't go as you had planned or hoped? Do you just accept? Do you question? Do you look for the reason? I'd be interested to hear your take on this.

I managed a full day at work yesterday although not as efficiently as hoped, I was not in a fit state to go out so that one fell by the wayside although Gemma, Chris and Helen enjoyed themselves and have now met so success in part. I had a hot bath, applied some 'tiger balm', drank hot chocolate made for me by my lovely husband and then had an early night and a really good nights sleep. Although still there this a.m., the stiffness in my neck has now gone and the energy has returned.

I'm off to share a pizza and a video with my daughter and have a girl's night in. She got her first mobile phone today and what excitement!!!!!

No comments: