Monday, March 26, 2007

Wardrobe makeover

It's been rather an exciting start to the week as this morning I had a wardrobe makeover. This is something I have been interested in doing for a long time and through a contact it all came together.

I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't disappointed. Sarah takes a very holistic approach which fits nicely with my take on things and we started by having a long chat so she could get to know me. It all makes sense really as how can you advise if you do not know people's lifestyle, likes and dislikes.

From there it was upstairs to have a good look at my clothes. Many she approved of - always good, others we clearly had joint views of 'well that's OK' and there were a couple of things she just refused to talk about. By this time, I had got a feel for her too, so cast those things aside straight away.

It was all very liberating and as with all decluttering I can feel the mental space that has resulted. There is also physical space in the wardrobe and I have made a decision that something being 'OK' is no longer good enough so I had added considerably to the 'cast out' pile. The charity shop will love me as I pitch up with loads of bags and there are a couple of things that have never been worn at all which hopefully will make someone's day.

The message that came out loud and clear for me was the need to buy some new shoes and boots with killer heels and to invest in a new bag or two - Bicester village is definitely going to get a visit from me. I also need to make a visit to the seemstress near the station to get some skirts and jackets altered and to John Lewis to buy some new buttons and update a couple of jackets.

I'm looking forward to it and would urge some of you out there to have a session too. You can contact Sarah through her website http://www.sarah-jean.com/ where you can see the packages she offers.

No comments: