Sunday, March 18, 2007

A packed day or two.

The last few days have been so action packed that there has literally been no time for blogging.

On Thursday I felt like a weather lady as I went out and then back to the office for 30 minutes or so, out again and back in etc. etc. Finally I arrived home at 6.45 p.m. in time to grab some food and my daughter and head off to her 'Mother and Daughter Pamper Evening' at school. It was a really good event nice and I had the most wonderful reflexology session. Meanwhile Ellie had reflexology too, her nails done, hair spectacularly designed and then a mini cover girl make over - not bad eh but somehow we got a bit of an uneven deal!!!

Friday saw me off to Birmingham to the 'Outdoors Show' and an airing for our 'Walkers Coach' branded fleeces. It was a great day but wow, so much to see. I was very pleased that I was not into water sports - at least I was able to miss out that entire section. Gary and I both made some good contacts which I shall follow up this week and I managed to get some really great bargins in new gear for Peru and beyond.

Yesterday I was off walking my hills all be it in Buckhurst Hill and not out in the wilds. I was pretty impressed though as I did not find the continuous ups and downs particularly taxing. Yes, I know, they are not what I am going to find in Peru but I am building up to those. I shall head up a bit further in the West Country at Easter and then further afield in the next 6 weeks or so.

Finally today in the UK was Mother's Day and I hope those of you who are mums had a great day and were spoiled. I had my early morning cuppa in bed and then was given some lovely pressies - smellies and a beautiful green glass heart, I have been wearing it all day.

I was also taken out for brunch to a very trendy new restaurant. I have to admit that I thought Alan had lost it as we were in a rather run down area and he had to keep stopping and turning round as the street we were looking for was so small. Finally we found it and as we drove down I could see nothing that resembled a restaurant at all. Standing in the biting wind waiting for Ellie to get out of the car, I found myself wondering just where we wre going to but true to his word we found our destination off a small courtyard, then through a grey door and up some concrete stairs.

I shall be back. It was fabulous - the food, the service and the setting which used to be an old garment factory. Very cool and trendy and so out of the way you gotta know it is there. I think I will only share this with very good friends.

No comments: