Thursday, March 08, 2007

Body over mind!

Really enjoyed my walking this morning. I have been finding it a bit of a struggle this week and I know that I have been walking more slowly. PMT? Tiredness? A mixture of both? Not sure.

I have had some late nights and on those occasions I have been eating late and no doubt consuming more than usual so that's definitely a contributing factor. What has also been interesting though has been my mindset as I have climbed into bed. I have been telling myself that if I am 'zonked' when the alarm goes off it is OK to stay in bed and walk later. - I do know myself well though and walking later on a work day never works as well for me.

Anyhow on all occasions this week, I have been awake before the alarm and no matter how much I try to allow myself to drift back to sleep, I can't. Clearly this body of mine has other ideas and knows that I need the walk.

Of course I always return happier, more 'settled' and feel virtuous. This morning though, the buzz was there again and I sped off. As I walked I was milling over the conversation I had had with Diana yesterday and planning her walking programme options. It's that new challenge and I love it.

No comments: