Friday, March 30, 2007

Great networking last night at Business Junction's (BJ) Business Directory Launch.

The venue was stunning - Christ Church in Spitalfields which is a Hawksmore Church and is now often used as a venue for an array of different events. It was an evening 'do' which I prefer and it was so nice to meet up with some 'old' faces and then meet some new ones too.

Having experienced both lunchtime and evening networking under the BJ umbrella, I do find the latter much more relaxing and less frenetic. At lunch time more people seem intent on rushing around trying to get round as many people as possible and collect as many cards as they can. In the evening, it's more relaxed. I suppose people are in 'wind down' mode, they enjoy a glass of wine or two and the emphasis seems to be more conducive to building relationships.

I came away from last night with some really good contacts which I feel could lead to some great business and perhaps that is why I have been in such a positive and reved up frame of mind today.

I decided it was time to 'go for it' and see what I could organise so I have been following up business leads, making contact with possible partners and just exploring ideas. It's been great and of course has a motivating effect. If you don't ask, you don't get and the worst that can happen is that people say 'no'. What have you really got to lose?

No comments: