Monday, September 17, 2007

The process continues with ever increasing positive results.

What a pleasure it was to walk into my office this morning. It seemed to have doubled in size or was that trebbled? Whatever, it has all happened as a result of my de-cluttering and taking it a stage further and moving things round.

For ages we have struggled with the lack of possibility to move furniture around. All seemed to be so essential. However, my creative husband spotted the opportunity of getting rid of a small area of work surface and that made it all happen. Bookcases that recently sat out into the floor are now all back against the wall and we even have room for an easy chair. In honour of that I bought the chair a bright red cushion!!

I love the space, I love the light it now seems to let in, or was that me cleaning all the windows? It feels fresh, vibrant and efficient.

Yes, there are still some piles of papers around to be sorted and a few files to go through. We don't really need all those books so Alan and I are going to work our way through those but it all seems so easy now and we really want to do it. That makes all the difference.

This morning I received an email from a colleague who is also going through a major de-clutter and she too is experiencing a growth in energy and clarity. She says "it feels like emerging from a chrysalis, very very slowly - but as we work through each cupboard, room, shed etc I feel the shift happening inside me, on so many levels. As I shift the clutter outside, so the stuff I have hung onto and has brought me down, down, down, is shifting inside."

Powerful stuff. If you feel inspired to join in, please do. I'd love to hear how you get on.

No comments: