Saturday, September 08, 2007

An unplanned and unexpected therapy session.

In 2000 I trained to be a coach and realised that I had been coaching for years as a manager, acquaintance and friend. I resigned from my job and set up my own business and a very good friend who I had met through work got herself on email.

For some reason I kept all our emails for the next 5 years. I was never sure why, it just seemed the right thing to do.

Today, in the middle of mega de-cluttering, I took time out to go through those emails. The experience was powerful.

I left my job, one I had been very happy in for most of my 10 years, because of bullying. At the time I did not realise that this was what was happening so as well as building my business, I was rebuilding my life.

Tineke, my friend in Holland , was also thinking of becoming a coach and was doing an NLP course and through our emails it was clear that we were providing great support to one another and she was providing great challenges to me through her questioning.

I was clearly on a journey to self-discovery and by revisiting this time in my life I was able to see the process through which I worked. Some of the questions I have re-answered today and they have been just as useful. I am also feeling proud of myself for how I coped and what I achieved. It has all spurred me on and as I work within the evolution of Walkers' Coach I feel more positive and confident about its future than ever before.

Thanks so much Tineke for all you have done and now I know why keeping the emails was so important.

Today, I have been able to throw out the emails, recycle the paper and move on.

No comments: