Thursday, September 06, 2007

Those summer intentions.

You may recall me setting a number of intentions for what I wanted to achieve this summer, well, I figured this was the time to review these and come clean on how I had got on.

This is what I set and in red is how I got on:
1. To have a fun and loving family holiday in the States - we really had a great time and saw and did so much. I have to be honest and say that on a couple of occasions I craved my own space. Being together, all three of us, for 23 days and virtually 24 hours a day does take its toll.
2. To see and experience at least three new things and three new places on holiday - no problem here. The three new things were riding on 'Soaring Over California' at the California Adventure park in Disney; Matanza Creek Wines at their wonderful winery just outside Sonoma; seeing a black bear in the wild when it walked out in front of our car in Yosemite. The three places were Yosemite - what an amazing place; San Diego - we had 5 days here with friends and packed in so much and the Inn at Playa del Rey - I want to go right back there, it is the most wonderful place I have ever stayed at.
3. To hike a little of the John Muir trail - a very little as I thought it might be due to extreme heat, touching 100 degrees and only having two days in Yosemite park with so much to see.
4. With my birthday money to buy a fabulous designer handbag - I bought a designer bracelet instead from a wonderful guy called Ramon who both designed and made it. Why not the bag, well my deal friend Carolyn in San Diego very generously gave me a designer coach bag that she had never really used. It is gorgeous and she was so delighted to find the right person to give it to. I love it.
5. To finish my 365 ways book - I have got it out, I have added a few more tips to it but I have not completed it yet. It is sitting here though and is scheduled in my work planner now.
6. To tidy the office and get everything off the floor - I have done much better here than I thought. Everything is off the floor, no more piles to trip over. I have been really ruthless and really enjoyed making space and of course the space is in my head now too. I have not finished yet (where did I get so much stuff?) but I am not giving up now until it is complete.
7. To lose another 5 lbs weight - as you might imagine I put some weight on in the states, all those breakfasts that I love but since I came home I have shed that weight and am back on track for losing more.

Looking back at all of this I am really quite delighted at the results. The whole reason for doing it was because so many of us at the end of a period like the summer wonder just what we did with the time. I know if I had not set these intentions, I would not have done as much and thought I did not complete 100% I feel I achieved a lot and will definitely try this again.

No comments: