Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Seize the moment

For those of us living in the UK, hasn't it been an awful summer? Not at all what we had hoped for and in many cases so much rain that great flooding and subsequent damage was caused. August was better than July but for some that was little consolation.
Now there are some people who do not like the sun but I'm not one of those. I love the warmth on my skin, the opportunity to eat, work and play outdoors. It makes me feel good, increases my energy and is a favourite tonic.


In London we have had some sun over the last few days but somehow when I was ready to go out and enjoy it, the clouds had covered it up again. Well not yesterday.

I had been busy at the keyboard all day and also had a large
pile of reading to get through. The sun was shining so carefully checking the cloud cover I spent the next hour swinging in the hammock chair, cup of tea on the ground beside me and a huge pile of journals etc on the table. It was blissful.

You can see me in the photo oblivious to the world around me and do you know, it was so easy to get through the reading in such a lovely location.

It was about 5 when I finished and blue skies still reigned above. A glass of wine at 5.00p.m. on the Pavilion veranda is often reserved for a Friday but I found myself thinking "what guarantee is there that on Friday there will be sunshine and blue skies?"

The result was inevitable and I had to twist no arms at all to get my husband to stop what he was doing and join me.

You can see below that we look very relaxed and happy people.






It was definitely a moment or 60 worth savouring and yes, my blog did not get written yesterday but I'm sure you will forgive me. The bonus of that time in the sun just cannot be measured and I urge you to seize the moment too on a regular basis.

No comments: