Friday, June 30, 2006

The art of meditation

In my Attraction Mastermind Group we were discussing commitment at great length and decided that we would all commit to something that we would work on. One suggestion was to do this over a period of 30 days which very much appealed as when that time is up, I shall be off on leave.

I have toyed with meditation off and on and decided that this was what I was going to commit to. I started last Saturday and the intention every day is to meditate for 10 or 15 minutes. I am taking it in small steps.

The hardest day so far was the second one and since then it has been bliss. The time has gone much quicker and I have felt so calm. The calmness is coming into all parts of life gradually. I had a call today from a lady who had to cancel my walkers leader training course and she was so impressed when I said 'that's Ok, it's life. I shall come on another one later.' I had been so looking forward to it and yet I felt that it will happen when the time is right. Then the friend who was due to start her meditation course in June and postponed, called and asked me to be her guinea pig so she is doing a one to one with me on July 12th. It is all falling into place.

Last night though I learnt a valuable lesson. It was not to leave my meditation till too late. So much happened yesterday so that I sat down to meditate at 11.00 and I was just so tired. I managed 5 minutes - better that I thought but I did not feel good and I was annoyed with myself too. For me it is also the fact that I let slip something that is good for me and therefore my life as a whole and I let it go from being a first priority.

What have you let slip that you can place back at the top of your list?

No comments: