Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interesting view on free time.

My Lonely Planet weekly email dropped into the inbox this morning bringing just the right equation for these dull, dark and dismal days (if you live in the northern hemisphere that is). It's the time of year that many people hate and all they see stretching ahead is cold and dark. so get a load of this.

Weekends + bank holidays + statutory annual leave = 132 days and as Lonely Planet ask - What could you do with all that time?

Well for me of course I'm already thinking of walking some more of the Camino with my dear friend Teresa. Also can I fit some walking in when I'm in Phoenix in July or is that madness knowing what the temperatures will be like? Anyone reading got any other ideas of where I should go to walk/trek if I am in the USA at that time of the year?

OK, walking may not be your thing but to raise yourself out of the doldrums, take control and just think about what you could do with that time. What about your plans for the weekend? A;so make sure you take your holiday entitlement as so many people don't. You need that break to recharge your batteries.

Come on bring some brightness and sunshine into your life... and thanks Lonely Planet for this.

No comments: