Monday, August 13, 2007

Oodles of blackberries.


I passed bushes of soon to be ripe blackberries last week and noted this. Then this morning I passed those same bushes resplendent in bright sunlight and laden with ripening fruit. Some glistened in the sunlight and others have yet to reach their potential.

Must come and pick some I thought and I have.

I have to admit to being propelled by a few lines written on blackberry picking my my friend and colleague in her recent newsletter she mentioned doing it years ago when she first came to Essex and then proceeded to say that she had picked 3 lbs yesterday.
I looked at the dark clouds and thought about the forecast warning of rain to come. It seemed wrong to let the fruit get damaged by the rain so I now have a large container full of fresh glossy black fruit and am planning blackberry puree to have with baked peaches, blackberry crumble and anything else that comes to mind.


No comments: