Friday, August 17, 2007

I did it again.....

... got involved in other things and ended up not blogging. Now you probably don't notice, it's me being hard on myself so I should just stop it and accept that on some days I may not blog and on other days you may hear from me more than once! Why oh why do we beat ourselves up? Shall we decide not to go there anymore? Great.

A video cam in my home this morning would have given all a laugh as I awoke suddenly to see my husband look out the window and then rush out the door clutching the waste paper bin and muttering something about forgetting the rubbish! Half asleep I leapt out of bed and followed him, gathering up the waste bins from various rooms and heading down the office to get the rubbish from there too. I could hear the bin lorry in the street outside.

Next thing and all the excitement was over as Alan walked slowly back into the house with all bags bar one and a box. 'Sorry mate' the bin man had said 'too late'.

Now what harm would it have done to stop for a minute or two and collect two extra bags. It's all back in our own bin until next week and we consoled ourselves with a cup of tea in the sunshine... and laughed about the lack of customer service.

Now we have been putting the rubbish out for years on a Thursday night so what made us forget? Lack of routine probably. We are working on school holiday time where all days seem the same and I was convinced that yesterday was a Friday. That means today must be Saturday.....

I'm off bowling.

No comments: