Thursday, August 09, 2007

Life Organisation

I bought a book in the States (who am I kidding, I bought lots of books) but this particular one - The Life Organiser, was bought in a beautiful minimalist shop that had only been open for two weeks. Holly the owner, was a lovely lady who suggested her favourite winery as one we should visit (we were in Sonoma at the time) and more about that later but she also stocked a few carefully chosen books and the most wonderfully soft shawls from Nepal and the most divine candles which sadly, were far too heavy to carry home.

I started to work through the book today and had to smile as I was reading it. The term 'Life Organisation' in the sense of 'let's sort life out' has been one I have used for ages and one of my closest friends used to get quite agitated when I would say this. She always felt she was in for a deep and serious session on the state of her life when it was often my way of saying 'OK, let's give some thought to the present situation and where we want to go'. Often it was about deciding what to do for the rest of the day. When I became a coach I think she felt that I had found an outlet for my 'let's sort life out' needs.

The book is about tuning in with ourselves by asking powerful questions and really listening to our feelings and our heart when coming up with the answers. I know this is something that I could benefit from as although ruled by my heart and not my head, I do find my brain buzzing with ideas and thoughts and often dragging my concentration away. I often ignore or not give the priority to the messages that my body is sending me. I need to find ways of focusing more so I am hoping that this book and it's insights might help.

There is a website with the book http://www.lifeorganizerbook.com so have a look at it and see if it brings you any useful insights too.

No comments: