Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Athena Angels Grow through walking

Our next walk is coming up though I have a decision to make regarding that today as I see how my back will be.

I did want to take the opportunity to post a couple of comments from those walking on March 12th.

Lou (http://www.bite-entertainment.co.uk/ commented -
"It was a beautiful day - thanks to Heather for organising it, and love the piccies. Great to meet you all -  I look forward to more group walks, plus hooking up with some of you for our own walks too. I will definitely be going for the twenty miles!"
Well done Lou, the change of mind re mileage was after realising that if she could do 6 miles now she could definitely manage 20 by Sept.

 
.... Jo clearly has had a similar thought and wrote "It was a great walk and even though I found it tough toward the end I enjoyed a long hot bath felt a lot better. I'm almost thinking  20 miles as well!

This was Jo's second walk, great to see the progress and that the relaxation tips are being taken into consideration and tried out!

As for Amanda - "Same as Jo I found it tough at the end but the next day I felt fine and even
managed to do a fitness dvd so it got me really motivated!! Not only that, I have gone for an hour's walk every evening after work so
that between my weekend walks I don't seize up - this coming from a girl who used to drive to a letterbox to post a letter!! "


Says it all really.


Finally from Dawn Gomes of Visionva - "thanks for the walk today, I really enjoyed it.  It was great to chat to everyone while walking along - as you say the time passes so quickly that way." 

This really is why it's so good to do as a group. 

No comments: