Friday, September 05, 2008

Is the life I'm living the one I want?

Walking on my own gives me lots of time and space to think and first thing in the morning I plan my day but also find myself evaluating and taking stock.

I'm a great believer in the journey we are all on and the fact that I can take responsibility for how things our so only I really have the power to change things. Sounds simple, but of course it's not, lots of things get in the way.

E.g when you live on your own, it's much easier to have your home the way you want. When you have a husband and daughter, compromise is involved and I do sometimes find it hard to accept that I cannot have things in a certain way - I'm sure they do too.

With in the larger question above is the smaller one of 'is this they way I want it to be' and you can ask that of fairly small things. I find this one very helpful and once you can answer 'yes' to this every time you ask it, then your life probably is just as you want it too.

Sometimes very small questions can lead to big results."Is this the way I want it?" is a question which is significant both when dealing with major issues and minor annoyances. And the things that are not the way we want them are the things that drain our energy and our motivation.

So where would you start? How about your kitchen? How about your skin? How about your relationship? If the answer is 'no' then what is it you have to do to make it be as you would want? Get that pen and paper out and make a list and then, the difficult bit, take the action you need and keep taking it until you get the 'yes' you want.

How about trying it out.

My body, although fitter and more toned than it's been for a long time is not there yet so what do I need to do? More 7.00a.m. power walks and less chocolate. I actually need to plan my meals better in advance. This week I have been ensuring my 10,000 steps every day and only failed once so I've started taking that action.

To make me accountable to you my readers, this coming week and let's start that tomorrow, I shall:-
1. Do at least 10,000 steps per day
2. Plan the meals for the week ahead
3. Fit in 4 powerwalks

Of what are you asking the question and what are you going to do?
Come on post it and let's be accountable to each other.

If you're not sure where to start on all of this, take a walk round your home, notebook in hand, and ask yourself that question - 'Is this the way I want it to be?" Write down everything you find that isn't the way you want it to be. Then pick one thing off the list and resolve to make it the way you want it to be. Pick something easy to start off with.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: