Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Athena - fantastic for networking.

Just over a year ago I joined the Athena Network and what a top move that was.

Ever since I started up in my own business I've attended networking events and at the beginning I tried out all that came along. If you're in the same situation or even if you've been in business for a while and not really got into networking I suggest you follow this path.

We're all different and we all have different ways of doing things, different styles, different needs and trying out a variety of networking opportunities allows you to explore what's out there and also find out what works best for you.

On offer at present are breakfast meetings, lunchtime do's and evening events. Some are formal, others not structured at all; some are mixed and others women only. Some offer one type of event and others can offer a mix of options.

Athena is a women only networking organisation - http://www.theathenanetwork.com/ and I love it. We meet for lunch once a month and give up two hours of our time. There's half an hour informal networking at the beginning and then we sit down to lunch and follow a structure during that time which allows every one to say a bit about their business and we also have a networking slot and a business slot.

I have done work with about 50% of the women in my group in some way or another and all those experiences have been great. I meet up for one to ones over coffee and would recommend the services of everyone of my colleagues.

I have met and developed great friendships and working relationships with all the women in my group and from them I get support, the opportunity to bounce ideas, help with promoting my business etc.

Yesterday every bit of feedback from the visitors talked about the vibrancy of the group, the energy and the professionalism, just what you want. Find out where your nearest Athena is and get along for a visit - http://www.theathenanetwork.com/

No comments: