Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Food, one of life's pleasures

For me food is one of life's great pleasures and last night to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary, my dear husband cooked me a wonderful meal. He planned some of it and then waited to see what would arrive in our organic box before he finalised his plans. The result was delicious (of course).

I know there's loads of debate about organic food but I let the taste of it guide me and my observation is that the fruit and vegetables are so much nicer than what I get at the supermarket.

If you're interested then the 6th - 21st of September is organic fortnight - http://www.soilassociation.org/organicfortnight so if you don't usually bother much perhaps this is the time to try it out and see if it suits you.

In much of the walking we do, food features. Whether it's what to take as a snack when you're out on a long walk or in the hills, if your trying to get fit or lose weight and want to eat well and of course we're always looking for good places to stop and have lunch or coffee. The food doesn't have to be organic, but for me it helps if it is locally sourced, of the season and well cooked and prepared.

What do you think?

No comments: