Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's only January.

Where has the hibernation period gone?

I was out walking about 8.00a.m. this morning which was wonderful as it was light, makes a change from my weekday 7.00 a.m. although even that is not as dark as it was...

Anyhow as I strode out, saying 'morning ' to the numerous dog walkers, I was struck at just how many leave there were on the bushes. I think most of them were hawthorn but there they all were bright green and spring like.

The daffodils in my garden are up quite high to and the winter jasmine, meant to bloom in Jan/Feb, has blossomed in Dec for the last couple of years. The earth is giving birth to all manner of things that used to still be fast asleep at this point in the year.

So has nature started to reflect our fast paced lives, where there is no longer time to recharge batteries?

Since I started coaching and set up my own business, I have learned to pay more attention to the rhythms of nature. Instead of detoxing in Jan, I have learnt that, like nature, this is the time of the year to seek out good wholesome, comforting foods like soups and stews and steaming cups of hot chocolate and to curl up with a good book or a film. To sleep more and recharge.

I am still doing it but what is nature doing now? Yes, it's lovely to know that spring is coming but let's just slow the pace a little again and enjoy the comforting time.

No comments: