Monday, January 28, 2008

Customer service on the slide

Ever feel you've been had? I did this weekend.

My husband and I have been contemplating whether or not to retain our cleaner whose work seems to have deteriorated since she started.

In those days, the place sparkled and we were all very happy but in the last couple of months, things have got slack and the ironing she would do if she had extra time, has been non existent. She spends time on the phone (her mobile) and there is dust where it should no longer be.

My first reaction was disappointment and I said so when I talked about things needing to improve . Yes, they did for one week and then slowly went back off the boil.

I cancelled her last week and decided to clean the house myself this weekend. I can tell you that this is not my favourite pastime but everyone, even Ellie pulled their weight. Only problem, things were so grubby that it took all weekend.

When she first came to me I would recommend her to others but now....

In a service industry, your service has to remain high as often there are many others that can take your place. I think we might do the cleaning ourselves now having made this weekends investment but it is a lesson to us all.

Today I have been reflecting and thinking about how good my service is? I hope it's still excellent. I try to make it so and constantly review it, asking clients for feedback. I have measures in place. Did my cleaner? Not in my view and now she is going to lose the work.

Could this happen to you?

No comments: