Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coffee hangover

Been giving all this well-being and wellness so much thought and have been struggling where to start. In fact I've really been pushing it all too hard, trying to make sense, trying to get clarity, trying to find the next step.


Have decided to stop pushing and let it go and believe it will flow.


Started yesterday off with a splitting headache and it never left. Started off not knowing what it was. Worked out as the day went on that it was lack of coffee!


I don't drink much coffee at all and can go for days without but on reflection I've been upping the intake recently - again not much but for me, much more than before - now it's catching up on me and my body's saying 'no'. It's still with me today and that's after drinking loads of water yesterday, chilling last night and having an early night. I have to listen.


Do I want to go through this again and be under par for 48 hours? I think you know the answer. I'm drastically cutting back and keeping the odd cup for a big treat.


1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hi, Heather!

Oooh, I feel your pain. I'm not actually a coffee drinker - my choice is tea, and I usually keep it pretty well under control: 3-4 cups a day.

However, when my British friends visit, or when I head overseas, it rapidly increases. One time a visitor here had us drinking 12 mugs of tea a day - and those are LARGE mugs!

Now, I LOVE tea, so I didn't mind, and didn't think much of it until they left, and then the pain started. I suffered for about 3 days with excruciating headaches! LOL! I learned my lesson!