Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where's your focus?

Mine is, to be honest, all over the place at present. There, I have admitted it and worse still it's been all over the place for a while.

I'm in a place of transformation, not only the crossroads but more like an 8 armed star - rather like driving round the Arc de Triomphe and not sure which road to take to leave it.

I've been saying 'yes' too much. I've been trying out new ideas and there's too much going on so nothing is getting the time it deserves. Ideally I need to take time out but when? Is this something you can identify with?

Last night, when we had the first meeting of my wonderful mastermind group, the need to focus came up over and over again as many of us, all women, juggled with a range of different things in our lives. Focus is what I need. I don't need to lose things for ever, just park them and focus on what is important for now.

This morning, in my Simple Abundance reading, I came across the following - Henry David Thoreau believed "our life is frittered away by detail." Sarah Ban Breathnach disagrees "I think our lives are frittered away by lack of focus"

Meant just for me, I feel and perhaps for you too. Here's to an increase in that focus.

No comments: