Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A very powerful realisation and lesson

Hi there,

I'm a fan of David Neagle - www.DavidNeagle.com and continuously learn from his insights and experience. Reading his latest newsletter this morning, I was struck by the following:-

"I just returned from a long over due trip to Maui, a very peaceful and serene place... so much so that from the moment you step off the plane, you are pulled into a peaceful state. Here's what important to "see": it's the people of Maui that are feeling at peace, adding to the peace of the environment itself. Yes, the environment is powerful also... but what's even more potent is the apparent decision of the population to be in harmony... to receive Spirit in each moment.
Here's an example of what I mean: I went to several places for dinner while I was there and each time was astounded by how audibly quiet the space was, even though the restaurants were full of people talking. It was like this at every place I went. When I got back to San Diego I took my kids out to dinner at a small but nice restaurant and was in body shock at how loud it was. It was so loud that we could hardly hear each other talk. I thought this was very interesting because the people all "seemed the same", but clearly they were not as their environment was representing the chaos of what they were feeling inside."


I can tell you that I know I am going to be so much more aware of this from now on. It does bring back an experience I had travelling on french railways. In the UK, train travel is noisy wit people on phones, talking loudly , laughing in groups etc and I'm a great lover of peace and quiet. In France, the trains were just as busy but people talked quietly, didn't use phones in the carriage and it all seemed much calmer. Now of course I'm thinking of the reflection of their lives etc.

Would love to hear if this invokes any insight for you and thanks David for bringing this to my attention.

No comments: