Monday, November 17, 2008

Big gap

I knew it had been a while but got rather a surprise when I realised that it had been so long since I'd blogged.

November has been an interesting month, no let's not go there, it's basically not been a very good one. We all have them - bad times or down times - and they're all part of life's journey and the best thing to do is go through them.

I've felt pretty down at times and that's led me to do a lot of questioning about where I am, what I'm doing, whether it's working etc. Not sure I've got the answer yet but I have been making changes.

It's hard work but regular evaluation and review is important. Are you doing this? Mine was sort of forced upon me this - I usually do this at new year time - so the good thing this year is that I'm one step ahead. Now I just need to make sure I put it into practice.

You know when I started my personal development journey, I naively thought that I'd fix a,b and c and that would be great. Oh dear, the more you look into the more there is to deal with and consider and I now know that the journey never ends.

Am I sorry I started it? No, not at all. I am a much better person now and someone who knows myself pretty well.

Does it make life easier? Well, yes and no. I know what I want and what to do to get there so I don't settle for second best and that can be hard but I'm comfortable being me and I have more confidence etc and I do what I love most of the time.

..and I've got really good at reading the signs and responding. Are you on your journey? Do you want a companion? Can I help?

No comments: