Saturday, May 03, 2008

What a week.

It's been a very hectic but interesting week and the timing for a bank holiday weekend couldn't really be better. A three day weekend with very little in the diary - bliss.

Every so often I need a weekend like this, to chill, to catch up and to spend time with Alan and Ellie. We all have so many commitments that often we are like three ships passing. We started the weekend off with a big bowl of pasta last night and one of my favourite films - To Sir with Love. It's a bit of an oldie and watching it I was reminded of how fast the pace of films are now mainly due to the inability of many to sustain a concentration span of more than 20 minutes. Ellie loved it and it took me back to the days of my youth!!

This morning we had breakfast in the garden, the first of the year and this evening we are off to Elaine's for supper which is always a treat

Wednesday was the launch of a new Athena group so many of us established members turned up to support and it was a fab meeting. Loads of great women. I have been a member of the network for over a year now and it has really helped my business so if you are wondering about your networking and business building visit http://www.blogger.com/www.athenanetwork.co.uk and find a group close to you. Attending this was also a great opportunity to get out of the walking clothes and dress up a bit.

Yesterday I was in hospital for day surgery and am still talking about the experience, how good it was, how time efficient and with only a local anaesthetic I was able to catch the tube home and get back to work. And everyone was so caring, professional and communicative. So Barts Hospital in London, thanks.

No comments: