Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What makes you grateful?

For years now I have kept a Gratitude Journal. I picked a beautiful book and I write in it with colourful pens. It's kept by my bed and I try to ensure I write in it every night.

Most times my gratitude flows like water from a tap (and this has got easier the longer I've done it) but sometimes it's more difficult and it is then that I find myself being grateful for things like just getting through the day, being able to go to bed etc.

What I find interesting is that the things I am regularly grateful for are not expensive, huge things but often simple things like a hug from my lovely daughter, Alan and the things that he does, like washing dishes which I cannot do at present due to a wound on my finger. It's my friends and neighbours, smiles, kind words, flowers and sunshine. Today as I took 15 minutes for lunch in the sun, my eye kept coming back to the beautiful blue of the Ceanothus growing in the garden, and it was also good to reflect on the freedom I have in how I now live my life.

I'm also very grateful for the emails from all the East End Girls who are looking forward to this Saturday's walk and to Rachel and Sam whose feedback on yesterday's walk was - "How wonderful was that walk thank you" and "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had just the best time –"

What more can a girl ask for.

No comments: