Friday, November 02, 2007

Wonderful autumn colours

The weather is superb at the moment and has been for weeks, plenty of sunshine and dry too. I wonder if this is why the trees seem to me to be even more beautiful this year with their vivid colours.

Of course the weather makes the walking more enjoyable and today I was back in Greenwich Park walking with a good friend who lives in the area. She has recently been made redundant so I was doing some coaching as we walked. She was challenging me by finding the highest and steepest hills to walk up so I have the feeling that my legs will be hurting a little tomorrow. And Jude, if you are reading this, I now know that Greenwich Park is even better than I thought for that Great Wall training!!



Just wanted to share with you the photos of France last week and that lovely late afternoon light and those colours.


Here is Ellie and me on our circular walk around the outskirts of the village and below, we are coming back down the lane into the village.



Isn't the light wonderful? It is the best time of the day to take photos and Alan loves to be out experimenting and trying lots of different shots.


Going by the colours back here, I bet the French ones are even more vibrant now.


Blow is the view you get from half way up the hill when you look back at the church which is 12th and 16th century and gives Oudan it's status as a UNESCO heritage village.

No comments: