Thursday, November 01, 2007

Just step away.

At the end of the day on Tuesday I felt as if I was in a washing machine being juggled and spun around. There were so many emails to be answered, pieces of work to be actioned, reading to do etc. etc. I really was not sure what to do first and the piles of paper on my desk were threatening to take over.

So on Wednesday, I stepped away from it all and sorted it out. I made lists, I cleared the piles of paper, I collected things together and put them into plastic files and at the end of the day I had a feeling of peace and calm.

Was it worth it? Yes.

I may have lost some time in that a few things did not get done but the clarity that is now there and the fact that I can see the surface of my desk and know where to find things means I am back being efficient again. Walking into my office this morning was blissful. and so conducive to working.

No comments: