Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chocolate


Do you like chocolate?
Did you know that it was Chocolate Week? Lasting from 15th - 21st October it is indeed a week of indulgent chocolate celebration throughout the UK. This is being celebrated through talks, tastings and demonstrations so have a look at http://www.chocolate-week.co.uk/ and see if there is anything near you that you can tap into.
I love chocolate but have been weaning myself off the milk chocolate variety as when I have some, I have been known to scoff the entire bar or even box if in the right mood. It's that wonderful sensation when it melts on your tongue and that velvet touch - mmmmm......
I am now into dark chocolate as I can have all the same sensations but I find a couple of squares satisfies my chocolate need. To make the enjoyment process as easy as possible I break up the chocolate bar into 2 square chunks, store it in a container and keep it in the fridge. Then when the nibbles come, I always have some to hand.
What are your chocolate tips? Any you'd like to share?
I love all the different types of dark chocolate you can get now especially Green and Blacks and all the chocolate shops etc that are setting up such as Hotel Chocolate where I spent many happy hours last Easter choosing a wonderful dark chocolate egg for my husband.
Alan manages to keep chocolate for ages so I would tempt him with a really good glass of deep red wine to we could enjoy the mix of it and good dark chocolate - together they are a great romantic treat.




No comments: