Monday, October 17, 2005

Still here but exhausted

I was asked this afternoon if I had enjoyed a good weekend and before I knew it I had responded 'great thanks', but then I stopped and reflected. It had been an automatic response but did I mean it. On reflection, yes, I did but not because it had been wildly exciting or very different weekend. It was good because at last we had finished the nitromorsing and had put the the emulsion paint on the hall, stairs and landing. Even though the woodwork is still to be done, this weekend was a great achievement. I ached as a result, and fell into bed last night after closing the paint pot at 11.00p.m. but I was happy, I could score that off the 'to do' list.

I was also exhausted because I had gone walking with a friend on Saturday morning along the canal from Mile End up to Islington - 10 miles round trip I think and the weather was so lovely. I was so pleased I had gone ahead with that, it would have been so easy to put that off so I could get more painting done and years ago I probably would. I am learning. Time for bed now.

No comments: