Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My reward for getting out of bed.

I just knew it was going to be colder this morning as soon as I woke up, and the thought of burying under the covers was, for a few minutes, much more preferable than getting on the walking gear. However reason prevailed with a little help from my positive mental attitude which said that I was losing some excess weight by all this walking, I was feeling better, I had more energy, it was a great way to start the day and once I got out there I would feel great.

Ten minutes later I was out the door, warm up exercises completed but it was chilly. I wished for a scarf round my neck as I started off and I concentrated in getting into rhythm. At the end of the street though all was worth it - there was the most fantastic sky awash with reds and oranges and at various stages throughout the walk I could glimpse this and feel really privileged to be seeing it. The best view of all was as I turned to come home and I had to stop and take it all in, the grandeur and the glory of this beautiful feat of nature - thanks. I would have missed it all if I had snuggled back under the sheets.

No comments: