Friday, August 07, 2009

Liquorice for ever!!

Love it when I come across info that backs up what I believe or lets me know that something I do is good for my health. Discovered this today and wanted to share it with you.

If you have a sweet tooth and you're trying to cut down on your intake, how do you cope when you get that sweet urge? Well I know we can try and work through it and if we succeed we feel very virtuous but what if the urge just gets stronger and stronger?

One thing I do is to chew/eat liquorice but of course as it is sweet, I often wonder if it's really a healthier way of getting that fix. Well, apparently it is.

In China liquorice is known as 'the Great Detoxifier' and actually it seems as if this is a bit of a superfood with all that it can do. Among the benefits it bestows is the ability to:
  • ease asthmatic coughs
  • relieve exhaustion and stress
  • balance hormones
  • offer pain relief
  • reduce inflammation
  • cure hangovers
  • help lose weight
Well all this has helped me feel better about it so I'm out to build up my stock. The only thing lacking in information about the amount you can eat so when I find that out, I'll pass it on. Happy chewing.

No comments: