Friday, February 20, 2009

Searching for my authentic self


















Searching for my authentic self is what February's theme in 'Simple Abundance' is and I'm finding working my way through this month harder than last. I feel I'm not quite getting there but I am persevering and persisting which are two of the qualities I believe you have to have to get to where you want.


All these photos represent aspects of me and my authentic self is an integration of them all and more, the bit I've not quite sussed yet.

At times in the past I've given up too easily. I've not been persistent enough or persevered for as long as I could but not this time, this time is different because I do feel I'm on the right track. However, this journey is hard and there are loads of realisations and tears.

I went for a wonderful treatment on Tuesday, it was in a place I love and the treatment was a 50th birthday pressie. I was waiting to find the right time to have it and I did. Was it wonderful? Well yes and no.

'The Relaxation Place' is a stunning venue and Maxine is a wonderful therapist so all of that was superb. So where the oils, the candles, the ambiance, the warmth etc but while having it I realised just how stressed I was and I got very emotional and spent most of the evening in tears and writing in my journal working through ways that I could work to tackle this stress.

I did enjoy my special present, I do wish there wasn't so much stress in my life or that I was coping with it better but I do believe I was meant to have the experience that I did and it's just another part of this journey.

I will get there and so will you.























No comments: