Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Overload, over commitment......

After our Monday morning meeting Alan and I were discussing why we failed to do all we'd committed to when we'd really considered our diary before entering 'to do' dates. " there's always so many other things come in" he replied "and I'm having trouble keeping up"

As yesterday developed, I found myself constantly interrupted by other things that needed done, so much so that yesterday's 'to do' list got buried and I felt totally unsatisfied. I'd done loads but not what I planned. In fact this morning I wrote in my journal that today was going to be an office based, get back on track today. I'm very determined.

Does this resonate with you?

Then as I started my day with checking my email, there was a timely blog posting from my good friend and fellow walker, Marc Leblanc. How often this happens when I need it so here it is for you to.

Take a deep breath

Posted: 09 Feb 2009 07:56 AM CST
As hard as I try to meet the challenges of the month, week, day and moment; I find obligations, commitments, tasks, responsibilities, interruptions and distractions get in the way of doing more of what I want to do and doing the good work I feel called and compelled to do. It is an on-going test of your benchmarks and boundaries that will keep you focused and moving forward in the direction of your dream. Trust the process. But, make sure you have a process, a path, a plan and a philosophy for your business and your life.
Mark LeBlanc http://www.SmallBusinessSuccess.com

Time for me to revisit the process, perhaps this will encourage you to do too.

No comments: