Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Grab each moment and enjoy it to the full.

Last year I dedicated my Breakthrough Breast Cancer Walk to many women but two were singled out, one was Roo whose wedding I attended in France a couple of weeks ago and the other was Bev.

Sadly, very suddenly and unexpectedly Bev died last night and I have just found out.

Everyone deals with cancer differently and for a long time, although I was in regular contact with her, I did not see Bev - it was what she wanted. However, her battle did not always run smoothly and when she had to have more treatment she invited me to visit. Her shoulder length auburn hair had fallen out and was now wispy, short and grey but she still looked the 'beautiful Bev' I had always named her. She told me that getting back to everything being perfect again might take longer than she hoped so she had decided to stop punishing herself and see people. We spent a wonderful 3-4 hours together laughing, reminiscing, eating pastries and enjoying each other company.

I did not see her again but I am so glad I had that time with her. Bev would be the first to say, enjoy each moment so for my dear friend, please do.

No comments: