Thursday, July 07, 2011

To blog or not to blog, that's the question but what's the answer?

I've been running a number of 4 hour workshops recently to help my wonderful women colleagues decide whether or not blogging is for them.

Blogging is another tool you can use in your business but it doesn’t suit everyone and  I’ve seen so many people get carried away with the idea and then have no clue what to do it and how to do it and the blog is then there with no updates or comments which can be worse than never having it in the first place! With many things, some thought and planning can really make the difference. So I posed questions like ......

Do you blog? Is it working for you?
Why should you blog? What will it do for you?
How do you get started?
How often do you need to do it?
How and where will you find content?
Can it build your business and profile?
Can you use it to enhance your networking?
How can you integrate it into your work for maximum effect with least effort?

During our days we've had some fabulous discussions and everyone has gone away with plans.

This is what my dear colleague Janet Treloar had to say:-
I recently attended Heather's Blogging Masterclass. Social media has
always been a topic I'd avoided as I knew little about it and I felt way
out of my comfort zone. I signed up for the workshop to become better
informed but in all honestly thought it highly unlike blogging would be
for me or my business. In a few short hours Heather shared practical,
inspiring and eye opening material in an informal and relaxed atmosphere.
I came away with more than just the fundamentals and tools to create a
successful blog, I amazed myself with the interest it created in me and
before I knew it the workshop was over and I was skipping out the door
full of ideas and inspiration. Heather attracts wonderful women to her
workshops so I also got to know some fab ladies who are going to support
each other through our first intrepid steps into the world of blogging! I
would highly recommend anyone who is thinking of blogging, has a blog
which may not be working for them or simply wants to find out what all the
blogging fuss is about - as I did - to attend the workshop. Whether you
decide to blog or not you'll be able to make an informed decision after
and in the meantime you get to meet some wonderful people and do a spot of
networking too. Thank you Heather I'm so glad I took the plunge and
attended the workshop - watch out though, you may have unleashed a
blogging demon!

Janet Treloar - www.planet-therapies.com

There will be more workshops in September so if you're interested, give me a call or email so we can chat.

No comments: