Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lille

I've been tweeting recently and am afraid Ive neglected my blog because of it. Since I last blogged, I've done a recording of a great walk in the Lakes for Radio 4's Ramblings programme, ran more of my local walks and now I'm in Lille spending a couple of lovely child free days with my wonderful husband.

We arrived by Eurostar yesterday - what a great way to travel and today have basically been walking and eating. It's an easy city to walk around and as you're walking you can look upwards and see all the fabulous architecture. There are loads of wonderful buildings and the french know and love their food.

The hotel we are staying in was once a hospice and is full of nooks and crannies so fun to explore. Lots of courtyards and small gardens to sit in and be at peace as it is so quiet.

They like to hide things away, makes it more interesting but they've hidden the stairs away too and it took me ages to find them. Seems crazy to wait for the lift when you are only one floor up. Why not encourage peole to walk?

No comments: