Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The simple things

Yesterday my biggest thrill was from having a productive day and getting through everything I had on my 'to do' list. A couple of years ago that would not have been possible as I always crammed the list full and no-one but no-one could have completed it. Now I am much more realistic.

I also spent a very enjoyable hour with the mum of one of my daughter's school friends. We had a chat and a cup of coffee when I went to pick Ellie up and when I got home Alan had tea waiting. It was delicious but very simple and tasty.

This morning I have been getting very excited about the daffodils that are poking up through the soil in the window boxes and pots. It is such a sign that spring is on the way. This morning, on the return journey of my walk, I also squeezed the rosemary bush that I pass and took in the aroma on the palm of my hand. It is a small I love and it always makes me feel good.

I intend to have just as good a day today and I can guess that loads more simple things will be what makes it worth while.

No comments: